voting assistance


Installation and unit voting assistance offices are available to help you exercise the very right you protect- your right to vote! We can help you register to vote, request an absentee ballot and notify your election official of a mailing address change. It's important you take action early to register and request your absentee ballot well in advance of upcoming election deadlines to allow for mail delivery times, research of your state's deadlines, and your own work and personal life requirements to ensure your voice is heard. The information below is provided to assist you with the absentee voting process.

Federal Post Card Application (FPCA), SF-76: The FPCA can be used to register to vote, request an absentee ballot, and submit a change of address. Go online to notice and use the FPCA Wizard to help you register, request your absentee ballot and/or change your address while providing you with all of your state-specific information and requirements to vote.

Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB), SF-186: The FWAB is used as a backup in case you have already registered to vote or sent in an FPCA to both register and request your absentee ballot, but you have not yet received your absentee ballot. Go online to notice and use the FWAB Wizard that will help you to vote in Federal elections, even filling in your candidate choices based on your state of residence.

Both the FPCA and FWAB Wizards will provide you with a filled in form. All you have to do is print, sign and date it, and return it to your election official via the directions provided (some states allow you to fax and/or e-mail your signed form).

National Voter Registration Form (NVRF): The NVRF is provided to federal civilian employees and other US citizens who have access to the installation, and to uniformed services voters who currently reside in their voting district. Separating/retiring military members should advise their election official they will no longer be considered a military voter. The NVRF (or your state voter registration form) can be used to notify your election official of an address change. Get a hard copy from a voting assistance officer or online at: . Fill out, and a voting assistance officer can assist you as needed.


Installation Voter Assistance (IVA) Office
The IVA Office located in the Military and Family Readiness Center, Bldg 794, can help you fill in and mail your voting materials. Please contact your Installation's Voting Assistance Officers at:
DSN 497-8683 (VOTE), Commercial (478) 327-8683 (VOTE), E-mail: 
Hours of operation: Mon-Fri from 0730-1630. Closed weekends and holidays.

Unit Voting Assistance Officer (UVAO)
UVAOs are available in units having 25 or more permanent party military assigned. They offer voting information and assistance to military members, their family members and civilian personnel. The IVA Office provides the same to units with less than 25 permanent party military, GSUs and tenant units.

Air Force Personnel Center Total Force Service Center (TFSC)
In the event you are unable to contact your IVA Office, 24-hour voting assistance is available from the AF TFSC at: DSN 665-0102, Commercial 210-565-0102 or Toll Free 1-800-525-0102. 

Federal Voting Assistance Program (FVAP)
You can access many voting-related questions and answers on the FVAP website at:

Contact Us

Bldg 794
Military & Family Readiness Center
725 Ninth Street
Monday-Friday 0730-1630

(*) Disclaimer
"The appearance of hyperlinks does not constitute endorsement by the U.S. Air Force of this Web site or the information, products or services contained therein. For other than authorized activities such as military exchanges and Morale, Welfare and Recreation sites, the U.S. Air Force does not exercise any editorial control over the information you may find at these locations. Such links are provided consistent with the stated purpose of this DoD Web site."