ROBINS AIR FORCE BASE, Ga. --
Civilian Health Promotion Services offers free body composition analysis using InBody 230 for Air Force Materiel Command Defense Department civilians.
The machine determines your weight, skeletal muscle mass, percentage of body fat, total body water and basal metabolic rate.
The InBody scale uses a multi-segmental bio-impedance analysis for a fast and accurate measurement. That means that you can see how much muscle is located in your right arm, left arm, right leg, left leg and trunk.
To get your free body composition measurement, simply bring your up-to-date HRA Wellness Profile Certificate (you can print yours at http://www.afmcwellness.com
) to one of these upcoming screenings:
- Every Monday from 8 to 10 a.m. in Bldg. 207, Room C-119
- Every Friday from 8 to 10 a.m. in Bldg. 827, HAWC
- Or by appointment
Please follow these instructions for an accurate body composition measurement:
- Do not eat or drink for four hours prior to testing.
- Do not exercise or take a shower right before testing (an increase in body temperature can affect the test).
- Use the restroom before measurement.
- Hydrate well the day before.
- Don't drink caffeine on the day of your test.
- Remove all jewelry and heavy clothing prior to testing.
- Ensure access to both feet with removable footwear - no socks or pantyhose.
- Don't put lotion on hands or feet.
- Don't test if you have a pacemaker. For females, do not test during pregnancy and avoid measurement during menstrual period.
Contact Robins CHPS at (478) 327-8030 or DSN 497-8030 with any questions regarding the screening or to see about offering this screening at your location.
Did you know?
The 78th Medical Group Facebook page is open to the public, and you don't have to be a TRICARE beneficiary or be eligible to benefit from the wide array of content including information and tips on nutrition, tobacco cessation, physical fitness and monthly health awareness topics. Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/78MDG.