ROBINS AIR FORCE BASE, Ga. --
In honor of the 46th Anniversary of Earth Day, Environmental Management invites you to participate in the 2016 Robins Air Force Base Earth Day Photo Contest. The winning photos will be proudly displayed at the Base Restaurant before pickup.
We're looking for photographs displaying our natural inhabitants while highlighting our interactions with the local flora and fauna on base. With so much diversity at your fingertips here, get outside and explore the installation's fascinating and natural canvas. Consider visiting the parks, hiking trails, lakes, the new dog park, and the splash pad to capture the winning photos.
Please note the following: Pixel/resolution requirements below. Photos that do not meet these requirements will be returned to participant. Winning photos from previous years may not be submitted.
HOW TO ENTER
Who is eligible to participate: Everyone! Photo entry age groups are available for children, teens, and adults with accessibility to Robins AFB.
· Children (12-years old and younger)
· Teen (13-years old - 17-years old)
· Adult (18-years old and older)
What are the photo categories: There are three photo entry categories. Remember: All photographs must be taken on the base. Each person may submit one photo per category.
· Flora (plants, trees, flowers, landscapes)
· Fauna (wildlife, animals, insects, rodents, reptiles, birds, etc. Note: animals must be unharmed)
· People enjoying nature
How many winners?
· There will be a total of nine winners, one winner for each age group per category. In the event of a tie, a team of volunteers from Robins will vote on the winning photo.
When will the photo contest take place: Submit your photos by midnight Thursday, April 7. Winners will be announced April 22, Earth Day, on the Robins AFB official Facebook page!
· Now through April 7: Submit photos for entry
· April 11 through 22: Vote on Robins AFB Facebook
· April: Winners will be announced.
How do I submit my photos?
· Photographs can be submitted Now through April 7 by emailing one digital photograph (5x7 inches, 300 ppi, jpg, 1500 x 2100 pixels) accompanied by one entry form to Kimberly Mullins (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Casey Lucas (email@example.com). Photographs received after midnight April 7 will not be eligible. Submit a separate form for each photograph. See Rules, Terms, and Conditions for limitations on photo editing.
Where do I vote?
· Voting will take place electronically April 11 through 21 on the Robins AFB Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/robinsearthdayphotocontest. Voting will end close of business Thursday, April 21 and photos will be removed. Winning photos will be placed on Robins AFB Facebook on Friday, April 22, also known as Earth Day.
What do I win?
· Winners will receive their winning photograph beautifully framed by Robins Arts and Crafts Center!
· The winning photos will be displayed at the Base Restaurant after being framed!
Where do I pick-up my winning photo framed by Robins Arts and Crafts Center?
· Winners will be contacted directly with details of where and when to take home their winning photographs.
RULES, TERMS, AND CONDITIONS
Individuals interested in entering the 2016 Robins AFB Earth Day Photo Contest shall comply with the following:
You must review the rules, terms, and conditions before submitting any photo. By submitting your photo, you have agreed to the rules, terms, and conditions.
Photographs are limited to Robins AFB; however, NO photographs shall be taken of planes or restricted areas, including but not limited to the flightline and operations.
Entries are limited to one photo per person per category. Each photo must be accompanied by a separate entry form. (Example: John Smith may submit a total of three photos: one photo in the Flora, one photo in the Fauna, and one photo in the People enjoying nature category.)
Consent must be obtained by the photographer from any person included in the photo before submitting contest entry.
Children younger than 18 must have photographs submitted via email by parents or guardian granting approval with the signed entry form.
Minor burning, dodging and/or color correction is acceptable. Cropping is acceptable. Fish-eye lenses are acceptable. High dynamic range images (HDR) are acceptable. Panoramic photos are not acceptable. Any changes to the original photograph not itemized here are unacceptable and will render the photograph ineligible for a prize. Photos are to be submitted in 5x7 in, 300 ppi, jpeg format; must be a minimum of 1500 x 2100 pixels.
All images must be taken by the submitting photographer and shall not infringe upon the rights of another photographer.
All photographs will become property of Robins AFB and can be used in future publications.
Due to email restrictions, please limit emails to one photograph and one entry form per email.
Animals witnessed in the wild are WILD ANIMALS - do NOT attempt to touch or feed these animals, and always remember to stay a safe distance!
Photos must not incur danger to plants, animals, self, or others. If any harm is incurred, the photo will be disqualified. Robins AFB or affiliates are not responsible for injury or harm caused while trying to capture photos.
Digital images that are not sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com and/or do not contain the signed entry form will not be accepted.
Photos received after midnight Thursday, 7 April will not be eligible to participate.
Voting will occur on Robins AFB Facebook page 11-21 April. Voting will end at close of business on Thursday, 21 April and photos will be removed. The winning images will be displayed on Friday, 22 April, Earth Day.
Eligibility is contingent upon meeting the rules, terms, and conditions listed above.
Winning photos from previous years may not be submitted.
By submitting your photograph you are agreeing that all these conditions have been met.