Assistance is available during walk-in times for powers of attorney and notary service. If you wish to consult with an attorney about a civil legal matter, you will need to schedule an appointment. Please call (478) 926-9276 or DSN 468-9276 for walk-in times or to schedule an appointment to see an attorney. Legal Assistance attorneys cannot represent you in court.
Legal assistance is prohibited in the following areas:
- Issues involving personal commercial enterprises
- Criminal issues under the Uniform Code of Military Justice or state/federal criminal law. (Contact the Area Defense Counsel at (478) 926-5852 or DSN 468-5852 for assistance.)
- Standards of Conduct issues
- Law of Armed Conflict issues
- Official matters in which the USAF has an interest or is involved in the final outcome
- Representation of the client in a court or administrative proceeding
Legal service is available to active duty military members and their families, retired military members and their families, members of the Guard (Title 10 status only), and members of the Reserves on active duty orders.
Legal assistance clients who wish to have a will prepared need to schedule an appointment by calling (478) 926-9276 (or DSN 468-9276). Appointments are available on Tuesdays from 1-3 p.m. and on Thursdays from 9-11 a.m. If you wish to have a complex will prepared, there is a possibility that it might be beyond the scope of our legal assistance program, in which case you could be asked to seek outside counsel.
Power of Attorney and notary services are available Mon through Wed, 9-11a.m. and noon-4 p.m.; Thurs 9 a.m.-1 p.m. and 2-3 p.m.; Fri, 9-11 a.m.
Additional information on various legal assistance topics is available at the U.S. Air Force Legal Assistance website: https://aflegalassistance.law.af.mil/lass/lass.html