Step 3: Upload application and supporting documentation.
- Option 1: Applicants with access to MIL email, please send encrypted email to 78 FSS Customer Support Org Box, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Option 2: Applicants without access to MIL email, please send an email with your name, email address, and a good contact phone number to 78 FSS Customer Support Org Box, email@example.com. We will create a SAFE site to upload your documents.
Make sure all documents are completed and saved to your computer prior to uploading. Save the following documents to a file on your computer:
- Completed DD FM 1172 from DMDC site, completed in Step 1.
- Two supporting forms of identification (primary must be an UNEXPIRED federal/state issued photo ID) Ex: Driver’s license, passport, state ID, birth certificate, social security card, voter’s registration) *NO SCHOOL IDs. Other examples found HERE.
- A clear focused photo, completed in Step 2. Must be from the shoulders up, with a white background, similar to current ID card.
- Completed “78 FSS ID Card Renewal Application” form for each ID card applicant. Please click HERE to complete application.
- Ensure you include a valid personal phone number and email for us to contact you with any questions.
- Please fill out an application for each person needing an ID Card.
- Save the Renewal Application. All information must be clearly typed. If scanning a copy, please write legibly in blue or black ink.*
**Please do not contact us to check the status of your card until 7 days have passed.**
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Does the sponsor need to be present to pick up the ID? - No, the sponsor does not need to be present, as long as the DD Form 1172 was signed online in DEERS. If it was not signed online with CAC or DS Logon, the sponsor will need to be present.
2. Will the dependent(s) need to be present to pick up the ID? - Yes, dependents will need to be present to sign for their ID card.
3. How long will it take to create my ID card? - Please allow 7-10 business days for your card to be processed before contacting the DEERS office. You will receive an email when it is ready for pick up or if there are any issues.
4. What should I bring when picking up my ID card(s)? - You MUST bring both forms of identification you provided when completing the renewal application and the 1172-2 if you completed it online.