Colonel Amy Holbeck is the commander of the 116th Air Control Wing, Robins Air Force Base, Georgia. She is responsible for the worldwide employment of the E-8C Joint Surveillance Target Attack Radar System. The wing trains, mobilizes and deploys combat mission ready aircraft, aircrews and support personnel to designated theaters of operation and conducts sustained operations providing uninterrupted command, control, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance in support of the Joint Force Air Component Commander.
Col. Holbeck began her Air Force career in avionics maintenance on Active Duty in 1997. She commissioned in November 2000, and arrived at Robins Air Force Base, Georgia, in November 2001. In 2008, she transferred to the Georgia Air National Guard. She is a master air battle manager on the E-8C JSTARS aircraft with more than 3,000 flying hours and more than 1,600 combat hours in support of Operations Iraqi Freedom, Enduring Freedom, and Operation New Dawn. Col. Holbeck has held multiple leadership positions at the wing and Georgia National Guard state headquarters level to include Inspector General, 129th Combat Training Squadron director of operations, 128th Airborne Command and Control Squadron commander, and Georgia Air National Guard director of operations. Prior to assuming her current position, she served as the vice-wing commander of the 116th Air Control Wing, Robins AFB, Georgia.
1997 Bachelor of Science, Biology/Zoology, Tennessee Technological University, Tenn.
2005 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2010 Master of Science, Forensic Science, National University, Calif.
2012 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala, by correspondence
2018 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala, by correspondence
1. July 1998 – November 2000, Guidance and Control Systems Specialist, 357th Fighter Squadron, Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, Ariz.
2. December 2000 – October 2001, Air Battle Manager Student, 325th Training Squadron, Tyndall AFB, Fla.
3. October 2001 – July 2002, E-8C Qualification Training, 93rd Training Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga.
4. July 2002–June 2004, Instructor Air Weapons Officer, 16th Airborne Command and Control Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga.
5. June 2004 – December 2004, C2 Architecture Planner, 607th Combat Operations Squadron, Osan Air Base, Korea
6. December 2004 – July 2005, Deputy Chief of Plans and Programs, 621st Air Control Squadron, Osan AB, Korea
7. July 2005 – November 2010, Instructor/Evaluator Senior Director and Assistant Chief of Standardization and Evaluations, Later Flight Commander, 128th Airborne Command and Control Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga.
8. November 2010 – May 2012, Mission Crew Commander and Chief of Wing Scheduling, 116th Operations Support Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga.
9. May 2012 – February 2013, Assistant Director of Operations, 116th Operations Support Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga.
10. February 2013 – June 2015, Inspector General, 116th Air Control Wing, Robins AFB, Ga.
11. July 2015 – December 2016, Director of Operations, 129th Combat Training Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga.
12. December 2016 – July 2018, Commander, 128th Airborne Command and Control Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga.
13. August 2018 – September 2019, Director of Operations, Georgia Air National Guard, Dobbins Air Reserve Base, Ga.
14. September 2019 – January 2020, Vice Commander, 116th Air Control Wing, Robins AFB, Ga. 15. January 2020-present, Commander, 116th Air Control Wing, Robins AFB, Ga.
Rating: Master Air Battle Manager
Flight Hours: 3,079, including 1641 combat hours
Aircraft Flown: E-8C
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Aerial Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Valor
Combat Readiness Medal National Defense Service Medal
Afghanistan Campaign Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
Korean Defense Service Medal
Air Force Overseas Ribbon Short
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
Georgia Special Operations Ribbon
Air National Guard Lance P. Sijan Leadership Award 2013
(Current as of January 2020)