Official websites use .mil
Secure .mil websites use HTTPS
On March 5, 1943, the city of Warner Robins, Georgia, was incorporated. Ten days later, March 15, C.B. “Boss” Watson was elected the first mayor of Warner Robins. Watson and his brothers had played a major role in changing the name of the town from Wellston to Warner Robins. The local town’s folk were so happy to have the new installation across the street that when Gen. Thomas asked them to change their name so he could also name the base and depot for his late friend and mentor, they were happy to oblige.
No camera details available.
This photograph is considered public domain and has been cleared for release.
If you would like to republish please give the photographer appropriate credit.
Further, any commercial or non-commercial use of this photograph or any other
DoD image must be made in compliance with guidance found at
which pertains to intellectual property restrictions (e.g., copyright and
trademark, including the use of official emblems, insignia, names and slogans), warnings
regarding use of images of identifiable personnel, appearance of endorsement, and related matters.