Chief Master Sergeant Rayford A. Robinson is the Command Chief, 116th Air Control Wing, Robins Air Force Base, Georgia. Chief Robinson advises the wing commander on all matters affecting mission readiness, training, effective utilization, health of the force and professional development of more than 1,450 enlisted members assigned to the 116th Air Control Wing and associated geographically separated units.
Chief Robinson enlisted in the United States Air Force in 1981 and graduated from Aerospace Ground Equipment Course in 1982. He served four years at the 437th Military Airlift Wing, Charleston Air Force Base, South Carolina. In 1986, he enlisted in the Georgia Air National Guard, 129th Air Control Squadron, McCollum Air Guard Station, Kennesaw, Georgia. During this period Chief Robinson was activated for counter drug operations OCONUS on ten occasions, serving in eight countries. In 1995, he transferred to the 116th Maintenance Squadron, Robins AFB, Georgia where he served as Aerospace Ground Equipment shift noncommissioned officer-in-charge and eventually became flight chief during the 116th Fighter Wing conversion to the B-1B Lancer bomber mission while the unit relocated from Dobbins Air Reserve Base to Robins AFB on April 1, 1996. He was appointed as the first Aerospace Ground Equipment “Total Force” Flight Chief in 2002. He transferred to the 283rd Combat Communications Squadron, Dobbins ARB, Georgia, in 2003 were he provided support flight leadership for nine Homeland Air Cruise Missile Defense exercises that ultimately qualified the U.S. Army Battalions to provide live missile defense of the National Capitol Region, Washington, D.C. In 2016, Chief Robinson was selected as Chief of Civil Engineering, 116th Civil Engineer Squadron, and returned to Robins AFB. Prior to his current position, Chief Robinson served as the 116th Mission Support Group superintendent, Robins Air Force Base, Georgia.
1984 Noncommissioned Officer Development Course, Charleston Air Force Base, S.C.
1985 Associate of Applied Science Degree, AGE Technology, Community College of the Air Force, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
1990 Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala., by correspondence
1998 Senior Noncommissioned Academy, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2014 Brookings Executive Education Course – Leaders Growing Leaders, Robins AFB, Ga.
2016 Defense Support of Civil Authorities Phase II Certification, USNORTHCOM, Colorado Springs, Colo. 2017 Air National Guard Chief Master Sergeant Executive Course, Joint Base Andrews, Md.
2017 U.S. Air Force Chief Master Sergeant Academy Leadership Course, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala.
2018 Enterprise Perspective Regional Seminar (Africa Update), Allan L. Freed Associates, Washington, D.C.
2018 Air National Guard Resource Management Course, MacDill AFB, Fla.
2019 Senior Enlisted Joint PME I, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2020 Senior Enlisted Joint PME II, Maxwell-Gunter AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2020 Baldrige Leadership Course, Clay National Guard Training Center, Pooler, Ga.
1. March 1982 – May 1982, Student, Basic Military Training, Lackland AFB, TX.
2. May 1982 – September 1982, Aerospace Ground Equipment Course, Training Squadron, Chanute AFB, Ill.
3. October 1982 – March 1986, Aerospace Ground Equipment, 437th Field Maintenance Squadron, Charleston AFB, S.C.
4. April 1986 – October 1995, Aerospace Ground Equipment Technician, 129th Air Control Squadron, McCollum Air Ground Station, Ga.
5. October 1995 – November 1999, Aerospace Ground Equipment Technician, 116th Bomb Wing, Robins AFB, Ga.
6. November 1999 – March 2003, Flight Chief, Aerospace Ground Equipment Flight, 116th Bomb Wing, Robins AFB, Ga.
7. March 2003 – April 2007, Power Production Superintendent, 283rd Combat Communications Squadron, Dobbins Air Reserve base, Ga.
8. April 2007 – May 2010, Unit Plans\Logistics Manager, 283rd Combat Communications Squadron, Dobbins ARB, Ga.
9. May 2010 – October 2016, Support Flight Chief & RA, 283rd Combat Communications Squadron, Dobbins ARB, Ga.
10. October 2016 – May 2019, Chief Enlisted Manager/Superintendent, 116th Civil Engineer Squadron, Robins AFB, Ga.
11. May 2019 – January 2021, Group Superintendent/CEM, 116th Mission Support Group, Robins AFB, Ga.
12. January 2021 – Present, Wing Command Chief Master Sergeant, 116th Air Control Wing, Robins AFB, Ga.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Army Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
STATE AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Georgia Meritorious Service Medal
Georgia Commendation Medal
Georgia Air National Guard Senior Noncommissioned Officer of the Year
Air National Guard, Major General Joseph Ahern Civil Engineering Senior Enlisted Leadership Award
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Airman Basic March 31, 1982
Airman Sept. 30, 1982
Airman First Class March 30, 1983
Senior Airman Sept. 1, 1984
Sergeant Sept. 1, 1985
Staff Sergeant Sept. 1, 1986
Technical Sergeant April 4, 1989
Master Sergeant Nov.1, 1992
Senior Master Sergeant Feb. 13, 2000
Chief Master Sergeant Feb. 14, 2017
(Current as of January 2021)