Need a copy of a current or prior year tax statement?

  • Published
  • Defense Finance and Accounting Office

Need a copy of a current or prior year tax document? There are now several self-service options available to you.  

These options are for reissues only.  If you require a corrected document, please contact your agency Customer Service Representative for assistance.

Option 1:  myPay If you are a current civilian employee and your payroll account is serviced by Defense Finance and Accounting Service, you have the ability to access your W-2 and 1095-C for the previous five years through your myPay account using your current log-on process. If you're a former employee, you will have access to myPay and your tax statements for 13 months following separation. An account log-in and password are required for access in lieu of a Computer Access Card or Personal Identity Verification card. For assistance with your myPay account or password, contact the DFAS Centralized Customer Support Unit toll-free at 1-888-DFAS411 or 1-888-332-7411 or commercial at (216) 522-5096 or Defense Switching Network (DSN) at 580-5096. This support line is available Monday through Friday, 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time.  

Option 2:  AskDFAS A new option to request a W-2 reissue is now available for current and former employees in the AskDFAS module.  Go to, click on the AskDFAS link at the bottom of the page, scroll down to select Tax Statement Reissue Requests, then click on the Submit A Ticket button.  This will bring up a screen with a Subcategories box.  Select the Civilian W2-Current/Retired Employees option. Please read instructions carefully to ensure you provide the required information.  

Option 3:  Interactive Voice Response System -- A self-service W-2 reissue option is available through the Civilian Pay Help Desk line at 1-888-DFAS411.  This option will mail your W-2 to the last address on record.  If your address has changed, please use either the AskDFAS module (see Option #2) or a written request can be sent to our fax line at 1-866-401-5849 or DSN 699-366-0354. If a request is submitted via fax, the request must include a statement of what you are requesting; the employee's name; social security number; full home address; contact information, such as phone number and email address; tax year; and a copy of photo ID that is readable. For instructions on requesting a Tax Statement older than five years, please visit the Internal Revenue Service website at: