HomeNewsArticle Display

Tax Center open for business

(Shutterstock image)

(Shutterstock image)


The Robins Air Force Base Tax Center is open for the 2016 filing season through April 18, 2017.  The Tax Center will be located in the Education Office of  Bldg. 905, and Individuals can access the center through the door across from Room 120.


The Tax Center provides free tax preparation and electronic filing services to active duty, reserve and guard on active duty orders, dependents and retirees. 


Per AFI 51-504, Legal Assistance, Notary and Preventive Law Programs, Reserve and National Guard members must be on Title 10 Orders in order to receive tax assistance – this applies to their eligible dependents as well. 


Services will be provided on a first-come, first-served basis. Those interested in having their taxes prepared should arrive at the Tax Center at 8 a.m. to attend a requirements briefing.  


Taxpayers will be given an appointment with a preparer either same day or at a later date. Individuals who do not have all necessary supporting documentation with them will be given an appointment for a later date. 


Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your appointed time to complete the client questionnaire. We will also be offering a drop off service for the 2016 filing season. If you have all required documents to prepare your taxes, you may drop off them off at the tax center for preparation. When the return has been completed someone from the tax center will contact you to stop by to review and sign them.


If the taxpayer is deployed to a Combat Zone, Persian Gulf, Hazardous duty area of Federal Republic of Yugoslavia, Albania, the Adriatic Sea and the Ionian Sea north of 39th parallel, or Afghanistan, they have 180 days from the last day they were in the combat zone, or the last day of continuous qualified hospitalization for injury from the combat zone to file their return. 


Pursuant to the Internal Revenue Service’s Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program guidelines and resource limitations, we are not permitted to prepare tax returns for taxpayers who received a 1099 Miscellaneous Business Income or Royalties, had Health Savings Account Deductions or whose tax returns will include Schedule C (Profit or Loss from Business), Complicated & Advanced Schedule D (Capital Gains & Losses), or Schedule F (Farm Income or Loss). 


For those we are able to assist, it is imperative that you bring all documents and information listed below as it pertains to your tax return:


  1. Military IDs and Social Security cards of taxpayer, spouse, and dependent children

  2. W-2s

  3. 1099s

  4. 1098s

  5. Legal documents 

    1. Divorce decree or Form 8332 that states entitlement to claim a dependent

    2. Power of attorney if someone will be signing the return for you or your spouse

    3. Death certificate if you are filing on behalf of a deceased person

  6. Voided check for verification of your bank account number and bank routing number. 

  7. Child care provider’s name, address, and tax identification number (or Social Security number) and the amount paid

  8. Last year’s tax return or any other documentation you think will be helpful


The Tax Center staff looks forward to assisting you this tax filing season. 


Editor’s note: If you have questions, call Robins Tax Center at 478-926-1831. The point of contact is Capt Stacey Snyder. Her number is 478-327-4577.