Colonel Katrina C. Stephens is the 78th Air Base Wing vice commander at Robins Air Force Base, Georgia. The Wing's 2,700 personnel are directly responsible for all logistics, medical, civil engineering, security and mission support functions. As the vice commander supporting Georgia's largest single-site industrial complex, Colonel Stephens provides facilities and equipment support for the base's 54 Mission Partners, including a major command, an air logistics complex and three wings on the 6,935-acre installation. She is responsible for the management of facilities and equipment valued at $8.1 billion and the execution of a $170.8 million operating budget. Additionally, Colonel Stephens trains, deploys and redeploys more than 1,800 Airmen in support of Air and Space Expeditionary Force and combatant commander requirements. She is also responsible for safety, security, morale, and welfare of 22,000 Total Force Airmen assigned to Robins Air Force Base, and 28,000 local dependents and retirees.
Colonel Stephens entered the Air Force in 1996 as a graduate of the Reserve Officer Training Corps, Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, Ky. She is a career personnel officer, who has commanded twice and served in key staff positions at the headquarters and combatant command levels. Prior to her current position, she served as Chief, Transitions Division at the Air Force Personnel Center, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas.
1996 Bachelor of Science degree in Community Health, Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, Ky.
2000 Master of Arts degree in business administration, Webster University, St. Louis, Mo.
2001 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2009 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2015 Air War College, by correspondence, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1. October 1996 – September 1997, assistant Chief, Occupational Training and Special Programs Branch, 61st Mission Support Squadron, Los Angeles Air Force Base, Calif.
2. September 1997 – June 1999, executive officer, 61st Air Base Group, Los Angeles Air Force Base, Calif.
3. June 1999 – May 2000, protocol officer, Space and Missile Systems Center, Los Angeles Air Force Base, Calif.
4. May 2000 – October 2001, Squadron Section Commander, 66th Mission Support Group, Hanscom Air Force Base, Mass.
5. October 2001 – July 2002, Chief, Customer Support, 66th Mission Support Group, Hanscom Air Force Base, Mass.
6. July 2002 – March 2003, executive officer, 66th Air Base Wing, Hanscom Air Force Base, Mass.
7.March 2003 – June 2004, Chief, Commander’s Support Staff Operations, Directorate of Operations, Headquarters Air Force Personnel Center, Randolph Air Force Base, Texas
8.June 2004 – July 2005, Deputy Chief, Commander’s Action Group, Headquarters Air Force Personnel Center, Randolph Air Force Base, Texas
9. July 2005 – July 2007, Commander, Military Personnel Flight, 39th Mission Support Squadron, Incirlik Air Base, Turkey
10.July 2007 – October 2008, Chief, General Officer Training and Development, Air Force General Officer Management, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
11.October 2008 – June 2009, Chief, General Officer Policy, Air Force General Officer Management, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
12.June 2009 – June 2010, Chief, General Officer Promotions, Air Force General Officer Management, Headquarters U.S. Air Force, Washington, D.C.
13. June 2010 – July 2012, Commander, 7th Force Support Squadron, Dyess Air Force Base, Texas
February 2012 – July 2012, Commander, 455th Expeditionary Force Support Squadron, Bagram Air Base, Afghanistan
14. July 2012 – July 2015, Chief of Protocol, Headquarters European Command, Patch Barracks, Stuttgart, Germany
15. July 2015 - July 2017, Special Assistant to the Commander, US European Command and Supreme Allied Commander Europe, Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe, Belgium
16. July 2017 – May 2018, Chief, Transitions Division, Air Force Personnel Center, Joint Base San Antonio-Randolph, Texas
17. June 2018 – Present, Vice Commander, 78th Air Base Wing, Robins Air Force Base, Ga.
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. July 2012 - July 2015, Chief of Protocol, U.S. European Command, Stuttgart-Vaihingen, Germany as a Lieutenant Colonel
2. July 2015 - July 2017, Special Assistant to the Commander, U.S. European Command and Supreme Allied Commander Europe, Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe, Belgium as a Lieutenant Colonel
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
National Defense Service Medal with bronze star
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with three devices
Iraq Campaign Medal with one device
Global War on Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
Global War on Terrosim Service Medal
Humanitarian Service Medal
Nuclear Deterrance Operations Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Ribbon with Gold Border
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant, Sept. 28, 1996
First Lieutenant, Sept. 28, 1998
Captain, Sept. 28, 2000
Major, Aug. 1, 2006
Lieutenant Colonel, Nov. 1, 2011
Colonel, Feb. 1, 2018
(Current as of August 2018)