The primary charge of the Inspector General (IG) is to sustain a credible Air Force IG system by ensuring the existence of responsive complaint resolution, and fraud waste and abuse (FWA) programs characterized by objectivity, integrity, and impartiality. The IG must ensure the concerns of all complaints, and the best interests of the Air Force are addressed through objective fact finding. The roles of the IG are to:
1) Be the "eyes and ears" of the commander; to be alert for and inform the commander of matters that are indicative of systemic, morale, or other problems that impede efficiency and mission effectiveness.
2) Keep the commander informed of potential areas of concern as reflected by trends based on analysis of complaint data.
3) Function as the ombudsman, fact-finder, and honest broker in the resolution of complaints.
4) Educate and train commanders and members of the base population on their rights and responsibilities in regard to the Air Force IG system.
5) Assist commanders in preventing, detecting, and correcting fraud, waste, abuse and mismanagement.
FRAUD, WASTE AND ABUSE HOT LINE: 478-926-2393.
Contact Susan LaLonde, Webmaster at 222-0821/DSN: 472-0821 for further information.