The primary source for finding at job at Robins is via the USA JOBS web site at www.usajobs.gov. To narrow your search to Robins AFB jobs, complete the following steps at the main menu:
1. Click "Advance/International Search" in the upper right-hand corner of the page
2. Scroll down to the box labeled "Location Search", then scroll down within this box until you reach "GA-Robins AFB" and click this link
3. Below that in the "Applicant Eligibility" box, read each statement and answer either "yes" or "no" accordingly
4. Click the "Search for Jobs" link at the bottom of the page and the listing of jobs will appear. Pick the job to your liking for Robins Air Force Base and click on the job title for details on how to apply.
NOTE: After completing these steps, you will see a listing of the current jobs available at Robins Air Force Base, GA. You can click on any job title to your interest to obtain detailed information concerning its duties, qualifications, methods of applying, and points of contact.
PLEASE READ THE ANNOUNCEMENT CAREFULLY.
You will not be considered for any positions you apply for if the following conditions are not met:
-- Submit your information by midnight of the close-out date. This is underlined on the last sample page across from the "OPENING PERIOD" headline.
-- All referenced documents must accompany your application package. This will be referenced section entitled "HOW TO APPLY" tab.
Point of contact
The point of contact for jobs advertized on the USAJOBS website is listed on the cover page for each position (see the last page of this flyer [the item is circled]). Each position is sponsored by a different agency, sometimes one that is not in the state of Georgia. You must keep this information to periodically check the statues of the position. It is important you keep this information for future reference because the position is not advertized on the site after it closes.
It is highly suggested that you create an account for yourself. You will be able to apply for positions more efficiently, upload documents (i.e. transcripts, certificates, SF-50, military documents, etc).
If you need to get a typing certificate, contact the Warner Robins Department of Labor at (478) 988-7130.
OTHER SOURCES OF EMPLOYMENT
Non-Appropriated Funds Employment:
Contact the Non-Appropriated Funds Office at: (478) 926-4877 or visit their website at http://www.robinsfss.com/.
Go to http://www.commissaries.comand click on the "Human Resource" Tab.
To contact the Commissary, call (478) 222-7618/7637.
If you are interested in employment through contracting positions, you can obtain a listing from the Warner Robins Chamber of Commerce. They will provide this listing for a small fee of $2. They are located on 128 Watson Blvd. Veterans of the military can obtain a free listing from the Warner Robins Department of Labor. They are located 96 Cohen Walker Drive in Warner Robins GA. They can be reached at (478) 988-7130. Veterans (as well as active duty military members) can obtain a free listing from the Family Readiness Center on Robins Air Force Base in Building 794. They can be reached at (478) 926-1256.
Veterans who served on active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces and were separated under honorable conditions may be eligible for veterans preference. Veterans Preference gives eligible veterans preference in appointment over many other applicants. Veterans preference applies, to virtually all new appointments in both the competitive and excepted service. Veterans preference does not guarantee veterans a job and it does not apply to internal agency actions such as promotions, transfers, reassignments and reinstatements.
If you are a "retired member of the armed forces" you are not included in the definition of preference eligible unless you are a disabled veteran OR you retired below the rank of major or its equivalent.
There are basically two types of preference eligibles, disabled (10 point preference eligible) and non-disabled (5 point preference eligibles). You are a 5 point preference eligible if your active duty service meets any of the following:
1. 180 or more consecutive days, any part of which occurred during the period beginning September 11, 2001 and ending on a future date prescribed by Presidential proclamation or law as the last date of Operation Iraqi Freedom, OR
2. Between August 2, 1990 and January 2, 1992, OR
3. 180 or more consecutive days, any part of which occurred after January 31, 1955 and before October 15, 1976.
4. In a war, campaign or expedition for which a campaign badge has been authorized or between April 28, 1952 and July 1, 1955.
You are a 10 point preference eligible if you served at any time, and you have a service connected disability, OR received a Purple Heart.